2014 Trainee Essay Contest
Over the years, students, trainees and faculty have reflected in creative ways on their travel, learning and work experiences. Through writing, sharing, listening, and storytelling we can begin to derive clarity about the injustice we witness, embrace the complexities of the lives we touch, decipher the ambiguity of moral judgment in widely divergent cultural contexts, and imagine constructive action in response to our experiences. All current undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate trainees are invited to submit reflective essays in response to global health experiences. These may be in a research, educational, clinical, or service capacity. Please highlight the impact of your experience on professional development, personal growth or new insights you have gained into cross-cultural or ethical issues.
This contest is co-sponsored by Consortium for Universities in Global Health (www.cugh.org), Child Family Health International (www.cfhi.org), and the University of Pittsburgh’s Center for Global Health (http://www.globalhealth.pitt.edu/).
DEADLINE: All essays must be submitted via email by Monday, January 6, 2014 at 11pm EST.
PRIZES: Monetary prizes of $500 and a waiver of the 2014 CUGH conference registration fee will be awarded to the top undergraduate and graduate/post-graduate submissions. A number of honorable mention essays will be selected for a special reading and recognition session at the conference. A sub-set of essays will be selected for publication in the “Reflection and Global Health Education: An Anthology, 2ndEd.,” by submitting your essay you agree to inclusion in publication if selected.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ESSAYS:
- The essay must be written while the trainee has student, trainee, or graduate/post-graduate status at a university, must be the work of a single author, and must represent original work. Essays must not have been previously published in print or electronic format.
- Entries must be in English, at least 11 pt font, doubled-spaced, and must not exceed 1,000 words.
- Essay should be written in Microsoft or OpenOffice document.
- Do not put your name or any other identifying information on the document. Mention of any other individuals in the document should conform to anonymity standards and ensure privacy.
- Only ONE submission per person.
- Essays not meeting all requirements will be disqualified from the contest.
REVIEW AND EVALUATION:
Submissions from undergraduate and graduate/post-graduate trainees will be judged separately, with separate prizes for each group. Authors will be anonymous to the judges. The finalists will be selected by members of CUGH’s Essay and Education Committees. Essay finalists will be notified by March 14, 2014.
HOW TO SUBMIT:
Send an email (including the below information) with your essay as an attachment to email@example.com
Include the title of your essay on all pages of your word document submission.
Please include the following information in the body of your email:
- First Name, Last Name
- Title of Essay
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- School/Sponsoring Institution/Training Program where Enrolled
- Degree Program (if applicable)
- Level of Training: Choose one of two levels: Undergraduate or Graduate/Professional School/Post Graduate
- Undergraduate (ie. college, undergraduate nursing, liberal arts, other undergraduate program)
- Graduate/Professional School/Post-Graduate (ie.Allied health program, medical school, public health, law, business, PhD, Masters studies, residency, post-graduate studies)
- Anticipated year of graduation/completion or termination of postgraduate studies/residency
NB ! Silahkan Copy paste, dengan tetap mencantumkan sumber ke info-lomba.com juga. Trims :-) Follow twitter kami: @infolomba_indo Like Fb kami: info lomba